Can't create Virtual Server

Hi,

I have the latest Virtualmin running on Centos 5.5 32bit.

I was able to add 6 virtual servers but now when I try to add one I get the following:
Setting Up Virtual Server
In domain domain.com
Creating administration group domain …
… done

Creating administration user domain …
… done

Creating aliases for administration user …
… done

Adding administration user to groups …
… done

Creating home directory …
… done

Creating mailbox for administration user …
… done

Adding new DNS zone …
… done

Adding to email domains list …
… done

Adding default mail aliases …
… done

Adding new virtual website …
… done

Adding Apache user apache to server’s group …
… done

Performing other Apache configuration …
… configuration failed : Failed to copy /etc/php.ini to /home/domain/etc/php5/php.ini : cp: cannot create regular file `/home/domain/etc/php5/php.ini’: No such file or directory

Creating SSL certificate and private key …
… done

Adding new SSL virtual website …
… certificate file is not valid : Data does not start with line -----BEGIN\ CERTIFICATE-----

Setting up log file rotation …
… done

Creating MySQL login …
… done

Creating MySQL database domain …
… done

Setting up AWstats reporting …
… AWstats reporting failed! : virtualmin-awstats::feature_setup failed : Failed to open /home/domain/cgi-bin/awstats.pl.webmintmp.5943 : No such file or directory at /usr/libexec/webmin/web-lib-funcs.pl line 1360, line 1.

Re-starting DNS server …
… done

Applying web server configuration …
… done

Saving server details …
… done

After this is finished I get an empty /home/domain dir.

I did not do anything config related to the server or webmin.

What’s wrong?
Please help

Hey, me too. This morning I’ve created a few servers without problem, but now I can’t. I was thinking maybe I’ve deactivated some apache modules needed for this job, but I’m not sure which of them. I’ll try to enable them all and try again.

Hey, me too. This morning I’ve created a few servers without problem, but now I can’t. I was thinking maybe I’ve deactivated some apache modules needed for this job, but I’m not sure which of them. I’ll try to enable them all and try again.

…nope, that didn’t work.

One thing that can cause that is if the Virtual Server used all of it’s quota.

Can you verify that the Virtual Servers you’re trying to setup have some space available?

Also, you may want to make sure your disk hasn’t run out of space.

-Eric

LOL, that was so easy I feel ashame of myself :slight_smile:
Andrey, thanks a lot!

izghitu, check the quota under Virtualmin>System Settings>Account Plans>Default Plan.
There’s Quota for entire server set to 1GB and Quota for server administrator user set to 1GB. I’ve set those two to unlimited and now everything is fine.

thanks a lot

that fixed it

In my case, for unknown reason the owner and group settings of the directory /home/$user/domains/ was some numerical value. I changed the owner of the directory to the $user, and that fixed my problem.