Cannot get email

Yeah, the user should be added to /etc/passwd whenever you create a new user in Virtualmin.

However, that much sounds like it’s working right if you can log in via Usermin.

Just for fun, what happens if you connect via IMAP rather than POP?

-Eric

I got it working now! :slight_smile: I dont remember what I did but now it’s working with SMTP-AUTH. Thanks for your help!

Another unrelated question, when setting a disk space quota for a virtual server, does logs count towards that? I see that awstats logs are in user home directory. If that is the case, how to make it NOT count towards the quota?

Also, how to view awstats from browsers? I couldn’t view it with /awstats/ because the folder is outside of public_html.

Many thanks!

Howdy,

I see that awstats logs are in user home directory. If that is the case, how to make it NOT count towards the quota?

Yes, all files owned by the user are counted against the quota. You may be able to look into changing what user owns the logs – but the simplest solution would probably be just to bump up the quota a few MB’s to account for the logfiles :slight_smile:

how to view awstats from browsers? I couldn’t view it with /awstats/ because the folder is outside of public_html.

The awstats.pl program is added to cgi-bin – so you can browse to this URL:

http://yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/awstats.pl

Thank for all your help, Eric!