Cannot edit users in some of the virtual servers, can in others

| OS type and version | Ubuntu Linux 20.04.5 |
| Virtualmin version | 7.5 |

Hi everyone, I’m trying to properly set up my virtualmin.

Some of my Virtual servers were created via migration from cPanel.
They are all subdomains of the main domain.

During migration, all users and aliases have been grouped under the main domain.
All sub-servers have an “Edit Aliases” page.

However, the migrated sub-servers don’t have an “Edit users” page.

Other sub-servers I have created since do have it.

I tried modifying the config files by adding the edit_users=1 line, but it seems to have no effect.
(I got to the config files by alt+clicking on the id number of the server --perhaps there are other files I should get to and edit?)

What can I do to fix this situation, and generally to add abilities and features to migrated sub-servers?

[EDIT: I just realized that the problem may lie in the fact that the migrated servers are sub-domains and not sub-servers]

Not long ago I converted several subdomains to subservers with the surprising outcome that some of them seemed to disappear depending on how old they were.

The problem was that the conversion process, for whatever reason, didn’t change all the DocumentRoot paths for Port 443 in httpd.conf for some of the conversions. It changed them for 80, but not 443.

So if your site mysteriously disappears after the conversion, that’s the first place I’d start looking for it. You’ll have to change the DocumentRoot path to the correct directory for 443 if the conversion process doesn’t do it.

Specifically…

Earlier cPanel protocol was to put subdomain files at

/home/user/public_html/subdomain/

The conversion process will put them where they belong at

/home/user/domains/sub.domain.tld/public_html/

That’s where DocumentRoot needs to point for both 80 and 443.

Richard

1 Like

Thank you for the heads up. I did convert those sub-domains with no apparent issues. I then changed back the path to DocumentRoot, also without problems.

My problem is now how to move users from the main server to a sub-server. But that’s for another thread I guess.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.