Cannot access previous solutions

Signed up here to attempt to access a solution to a problem: https://www.virtualmin.com/node/56689
However I get access forbidden error. Rather than asking the same question how do I view this?

I -think- it has to do with being a Pro subscriber or not. I think they can mark threads to be private. Given I am only a GPL user, I’m not positive on that.

Howdy,

Many issues in the issue tracker are marked as private, so that folks can provide personalized details about their server. While that aids our ability to help folks, you’re right that it also makes it harder for anyone else seeing the same issue to understand how it was resolved.

In the case you’re referring to above, the issue was due to the phpMyAdmin system package being installed.

The packaged provided by the OS conflicts with the Install Script.

My suggestion would be to remove the RPM or DEB phpMyAdmin package, and then ensure there isn’t a phpMyAdmin config file in any of the Apache directories in /etc.

Once you’ve removed those, the Virtualmin Install Script should work.

-Eric

Hi thanks for the reply,

This is a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 install. I have no prior phpMyAdmin just the one from the install script in virtualmin which executed flawlessly. However when attempting to access domain.com/phpmyadmin I get a restricted/forbidden error.