Can not install virtualmin from download page

hi there,
today i am try to reinstall my virtualmin to my server (OS centos 7)
# wget http://software.virtualmin.com/gpl/scripts/install.sh command successfully executed
but # sudo /bin/sh install.sh to install virtualmin fail to executed

show something like this in my screen

ERROR: cannot verify software.virtualmin.com's certificate, issued by ‘/C=US/O=L                                                                                        et's Encrypt/CN=R3’:
  Issued certificate has expired.
To connect to software.virtualmin.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
chmod: cannot access ‘slib.sh’: No such file or directory
install.sh: line 297: ./slib.sh: No such file or directory

Can anyone here help me out, it had been 8 hours , i am stuck with this issue , no way out for me

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version: REQUIRED
Webmin version: REQUIRED
Virtualmin version: REQUIRED
Related products version: RECOMMENDED

Update your system. This is caused by an expired cert in your CA cert bundle on the system. It is a client-side issue, and CentOS 7 should have an updated CA certificates package to remove that old cert.

Also, I recommend you use the latest version of your preferred OS. That would be CentOS 8.

i had read this link which had same issue with my problem Cannot install Virtualmin - software.virtualmin.com’ is not trusted. [#70497] | Virtualmin

it turns that it needs virtualmin staff to take action to solve it

so what is my next step to solve, any clue ??

That is a different issue from the one your are experiencing, and the solution is client-side, as discussed in the page I linked you to.

You have to remove the old DST Root CA X3 cert from the CA bundle on your system (probably somewhere in /etc/pki, but a package update ought to do it, unless something went wrong). CentOS 8 probably won’t have this issue, as it won’t have old certs lying around.

problem solved decided to install virtualmin on ubuntu 20.04

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.