Blank white pages loading after moving from Shared host to a VPS HELP

Hey guys, I’m having a serious ‘permission’ problem i think. Just after changing hosts from Shared host to a VPS Server. I have tried to change permissions and some Apache setting but with no luck whatsoever, i have been stuck like this for almost a week now and searched high and low for a solution.

I’m currently running Vbulletin 4.2.1

Here are my error logs:

Tue May 19 19:18:44 2015] [warn] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: require(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/forum/public_html/forum.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (1) in /home/forum/public_html/index.php on line 43
[Tue May 19 19:18:44 2015] [warn] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: require(/home/forum/public_html/forum.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/forum/public_html/index.php on line 43
[Tue May 19 19:18:44 2015] [warn] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘forum.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) in /home/forum/public_html/index.php on line 43

Any help on this problem is much appreciated.

Howdy,

It looks like your php.ini file is using a “open_basedir” parameter to restrict what files your app is able to open.

You may want to look at $HOME/etc/php.ini, and comment out that open_basedir line.

-Eric

Thanks Eric.

But i have made the change before i asked for help…

open_basedir = Off is set. i even tried removing the whole php.ini file and rebooted the server but nothing changed/
If i navigate to eg:
www.example.com/images i get the forbidden error? that made me think maybe this was a permissions problem?

Most recent log:

[Tue May 19 20:12:30 2015] [warn] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: require(/home/forum/public_html/forum.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/forum/public_html/index.php on line 43
[Tue May 19 20:12:30 2015] [warn] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘forum.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) in /home/forum/public_html/index.php on line 43

Thanks!

The error you’re seeing typically occurs when an open_basedir restriction is in effect.

It’s possible there’s another cause, but you may want to double-check that.

There can be PHP parameters set outside that one php.ini files, such as ones in /etc… the exact location depends on your distro.

Which distro/version is it you’re using? And what PHP Execution Mode is in use there?

Lastly, which PHP version are you using? (that can be determined with “php -v”)

-Eric