Bind DNS Resolution Slow After Moving VPS

I’m not exactly sure this if is a Virtualmin or Webmin issues so pardon me if this is the wrong forum. I recently moved VPS’s and reinstalled Virtualmin/Webmin. I’m hosting the nameserver on the same server at ns1.xxx.com and this is on Centos 8.

The problem I’m having is when I try to create a sub-server, it seems as if it is taking a long time for BindDNS to create (or resolve, or whatever the term would be) the new DNS entries for that subdomain. When it comes to creating the Let’s Encrypt certificate, I get the following error:

Error — Perl execution failed

Undefined subroutine &virtual_server::check_domain_connectivity called at virtual-server-lib-funcs.pl line 8068.

To me, if I’m reading it correctly, it seems as if it cannot resolve the subdomain so it fails. At this point, I cannot ping the subdomain on my computer but I can ping it within the VPS. If I wait about 5 minutes, I can ping the subdomain from my computer and I can manually create the Lets Encrypt cert in Webmin > Server Configuration > SSL certificate and everything is fine.

On the registrar I have the proper A records and glue records setup as this was working fine with my previous VPS, I just pointed the IPs to the new server.

So, at this point, I don’t have a clue why it can’t create the cert at the time of creating the subdomain. It seems as if it’s a DNS issue to me… Any ideas?

If anyone else has this issue, it looks like it may be a bug in 6.17.

Per Undefined subroutine &virtual_server::check_domain_connectivity called at /usr/libexec/webmin/virtual-server/virtual-server-lib-funcs.pl line 8068

I did a downgrade to 6.16 (On Centos 8: dnf downgrade wbm-virtual-server) and everything is working fine now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.