bad mailbox

It looks like I have a corrupted mailbox. What do I google to fix it? I though ‘reconstruct’ but that does not appear to be on my virtualmin installation.

Webmail does not work (PERL error) and my Mac Mail program just says no new messages in the last two days.

Any suggestions?
thanks
Todd

Howdy,

What Perl error is it that you’re getting exactly?

Also, do you see any errors in /var/usermin/miniserv.error, or the mail logs – /var/log/mail.log or /var/log/maillog?

-Eric

Error - Perl execution failed

sdbm store returned -1, errno 122, key “” at /usr/share/usermin/mailbox/folders-lib.pl line 3111, line 1669.

/var/log/mail.log looks clean…

/var/log/miniserv.log show this I’m confused about. (miniserv.error is same line about Perl)

[14/Jul/2011:18:37:03 -0400] miniserv.pl started
[14/Jul/2011:18:37:03 -0400] PAM authentication enabled
[14/Jul/2011:20:42:53 -0400] [24.2.247.70] /mailbox/index.cgi : Perl execution failed : sdbm store returned -1, errno 122, key “CA40B83C.2219E%nonlocalemail.address@domain.com” at /usr/share/usermin/mailbox/folders-lib.pl line 3111, line 208.

I’m not sure why that nonlocalemail.address@domain.com is listed there. Thtat is a friend of mine so why does his email show up? Sounds like a messsage from him is corrupt and that is screwing everything up? btw- yes, I did change his email address from his real address to ‘nonlocalemail.address@domain.com’.

thanks!
Todd

Howdy,

Ahh, there’s been a handful of folks who ran into that “sdbm store returned -1” error over the years.

Try what this fellow did in the third comment of this thread here, and see if that resolves your issue:

http://www.virtualmin.com/node/11243

thanks for the reference. Sadly, no 0 size messages.

I did mv that one message referenced in the error (CA40B83C.2219E…) to /tmp and now webmail loads with historical mail. However, new messages still go into the ether…

I go into Virtualmin and choose Edit Mail and FTP Users, select the problem user and change a setting, then Virtualmin throws an error

Failed to save mailbox : Failed to write to /home/techcon/etc/dav.digest.passwd when closing : Disk quota exceeded at …/web-lib-funcs.pl line 1360

(no, user is not over quota; 1.3GB used of 5GB total. plenty of space left on drive as well)

When I send an email from an external source to the problem user (me, btw), there are no errors in any logs. /var/log/mail.log says the message was delivered.

When I use webmail to send a message to myself locally, I get this error

Failed to write to /home/techcon/homes/todd/.tmp/upload.13106929788990 when closing : Disk quota exceeded

I think I’ll try a reboot next. Any other thoughts?

Howdy,

Rather than that email user being over quota – is it possible the Virtual Server itself is over quota?

You can determine that by looking in Edit Virtual Server -> Quotas and Limits.

-Eric

Yes, the server itself is over quota. I’ve no idea how or why, but I guess that explains things. It’s working now. The simplest things!

thanks Andreychek - well done. Let me know next time you’re in CT, USA - I owe you a beer :slight_smile: