Backups Failing

Although the VM Backups had been running fine (on CentOS 5x), I recently noticed that they are failing with messages like below. The issue seems to be “Unknown database ‘vtigercrm’ when selecting the database” but the database is there but is actually called as johnny_vtigercrm. “Johnny” is the accopunt owner and so there are various subdomains and databases under that account and they all work fine? I am nto sure but I think this may have started after some virtualmin updates? but I am not sure. Everything was working fine before.

Creating backup for virtual server …

Copying virtual server configuration ..
.. done

Saving mail aliases ..
.. done

Saving mail and FTP users ..
.. done

Backing up mail and FTP user Cron jobs ..
.. none to backup

Copying records in DNS domain ..
.. done

Copying Apache virtual host configuration ..
.. done

Copying Webalizer configuration files ..
.. done

Copying Logrotate configuration ..
.. done

Dumping MySQL database vtigercrm ..
.. dump failed! mysqldump: Got error: 1049: Unknown database 'vtigercrm' when selecting the database

Backup failed! See the progress output above for the reason why. Total backup time was 00 minutes, 09 seconds.

Does the DB vtigercrm really exist ?

Seems their are a lot of people having issues with CentOS5 lately.

This is what I am confused about. I created the db’s under each of the account holder names so for instance, the actual database for vtigercrn is johnny_vtigercrm so I dont know why the backup batch process seems to be trying to find vtigercrm and not johnny_vtigercrm? And everything worked fine not too long ago and nothing changed except for maybe a few updates since then

Hmm that’s weird. So far I haven’t seen this on any of my debian servers though.

Yes, and even if I click on some subdomains and then "Edit Databases" I dont see the full list of databases so that I could try to "Import" one. For the vm backup took to work, exactly what priviledges are needed? Should all databases simply have all privs for the account holder (johnny in this case) and with no pw? Or do they all have to have database privs which exactly match the hosting account username and password?

Something is certainly wrong here. The import should be listing ALL databases that are NOT owned by server.

So if johnny_vtigercrm is not listed then the db is owned by a server which is correct.

Why VM is having a issue with this is beyond me.

Well I have managed to get all db;s to get backed up now except for one…and its a mystery. For those that were not getting backed up I simply used phpmyadmin, went to the prividledges section and clicked on the "johnny" account and just added any database not listed…like journal_johnny. This would fix the backup scripts and would successfully backup the site and database. However, one of them still wont work and I have added it to the "johnny" privs just like all the others but it wont backup and the script reports cant find database "joomla" although it was added as johnny_joomla in phpmyadmin. I am also baffled as to why the scripts look for databases like "joomla" when in fact the name is "johnny_joomla".

What is even more strange is that all backups were working fine not that long ago and nothing was changed except of course for the odd update to the virtualmin packages