What would be the proper backup/recovery method for this situation.
Lets say you have only one VPS with Virtualmin. And suddenly there happens a critical hardware error at hosting provider and you loose access to your server and sites/emails.
What would I do next?
- get new VPS and install virtualmin
- then copy & restore all “Virtual server backup” copies
- fix DNS records to match new server ip
I guess that would work.
But would that would skip all server configuration files?
- .ssh keys
- fail2ban rules
- virutalmin server templates
- nginx sites-available configurations (is this covered by Virtual server backup?)
Does webmin backup all those files?
I guess better way would be to have two servers - production & backup. Is there already a simple way to sync all data/configurations between two virtualmins? I am thinking about having “backup” server at different hosting provider - I would sleep better that way.