Automated Backups failing.

Hello there, i need some help via some insight in this problem I am haveing, I have virutalmin setup to do a nightly backup of everything to do with each site but it keeps failing. does anybody know anything about this, i have it setup to email me each day about the backup, it is as follows:

"Cannot backup a single domain to <tt>/backup</tt>, as it is a directory
Backup failed! See the progress output above for the reason why."

the problem is that there is no progress output above this line of text in the email as this is the only line of text in the email, i have told virtualmin to backup everything to this directory as it is on its own HDD

Hey Mike,

Sounds like you’ve selected the single archive file format, but didn’t give it a filename. Try switching the format to “One file per server”.

You can test out various backup configurations in the Backup Virtual Servers page (which allows you to backup while you wait, rather than on a schedule).

allright, i fixed it, changed it from 1 file to individual files per server

Awesome. Thanks for the update.

one thing i have noticed though when i downloaded one of the backups i opened it up to see what all was being backed up and i found it isnt backing up the sql databases, is there something i can do to have the backup include the databases?

There’s an option in the backup configuration form labeled “Contents of server’s MySQL databases”. If this is checked, and you’re not getting it in your backup, it’s a bug (a serious one), and we’ll want to get it fixed (so file a bug in the bug tracker about it).

hey i looked in my backup config. and found that the checkbox you mentioned “Contents of server’s MySQL databases” is checked and i found the link at the bottom of the page “bugs and issues” but where is the form? anyways, yeah the emails i receive each day from the server telling me the backup was “successful” contains

[code:1]Creating backup for virtual server mydomain.com

Copying virtual server configuration …
… done

Backing up Cron jobs …
… none defined.

Saving mail aliases …
… done

Saving mail and FTP users …
… done

Backing up mail and FTP user Cron jobs …
… none to backup

Copying records in DNS domain …
… done

Copying Apache virtual host configuration …
… done

Copying Webalizer configuration files …
… done

Copying Logrotate configuration …
… done

Dumping MySQL database coke_vb …
… done

Backing up Webmin ACL files …
… done

Creating TAR file of home directory …
… done[/code:1]

but when i actually look at the contents of the .tar.gz file it contains only the home directory (cgi-bin, homes, logs, public_html, etc. etc.) but only the content of the home directory, nothing outside of it like the dns, mysql, webmin configs for the account, etc. etc.