Authenticity of wordpress update could not be verified as no signature was found

now that php 7.2 and beyond doesnt use mcrypt, it is suggested that for those with Wordpress websites on their servers, one should install libsodium.

I have done this however, in Wordpress on my server, I am still getting the following error whever i try to run any wordpress updates…

Update WordPress

Downloading update from https://downloads.wordpress.org/release/wordpress-5.6-new-bundled.zip…

The authenticity of wordpress-5.6-new-bundled.zip could not be verified as no signature was found.

Unpacking the update…

Could not create directory.

Installation failed.

I am also seeing the following in the virtual server apache error log

ModSecurity: Warning. Operator GE matched 4 at TX:outbound_anomaly_score. [file “/usr/share/modsecurity-crs/rules/RESPONSE-980-CORRELATION.conf”] [line “82”] [id “980140”] [msg “Outbound Anomaly Score Exceeded (score 4): PHP Information Leakage”] [tag “event-correlation”]

I am also seeing the following error from Wordpress whenever i try to install plugins…

Installation failed: Could not create directory.

Are these issues related? its at the same time on the clock…ideas please?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.