Assigning existing user as owner of new domains

Is it possible to create a template or some other solution that assigns an existing user as the owner of newly created domains. My company hosts a number of sites, but we are the only ones that manage them. So I would like to be able to easily manage all sites with a single ftp account. As it is now, a new account is created for each domain. I don’t want to have to keep track of all of the various logins. FYI I’m using the Virtualmin GPL.

The simplest way to do that would be to create all new domains underneath one Virtual Server.

Then, you could use the FTP account of the top-level Virtual Server to access the data of any domain under it.

An alternate way of handling that would be to create all new Virtual Servers as top-level servers, each using the same group.

Then, create an FTP user within that group to access each of them.

The first method is probably simpler, though, and doesn’t require you constantly monitor that the files being created are group readable and writable :slight_smile:

-Eric

totally forgot about the whole “subserver” possibility. that’s exactly what I need. thanks.