Appreciate your prayers and thoughts during a difficult time

Oh s%£t !

My best wishes and thoughts are with you.

Tim

1 Like

I share @Ilia’s sentiment that preaching what you believe could be helpful is not a bad thing to do. You never know how it could help. e.g. one day someone preached a little comment to me (to avoid gluten) that lead to dramatic positive changes in my life, and I’m forever thankful to them.

So I add my voice to Ilia and recommend a correction of diet, especially if you’re in the US. My god, I cannot but wonder how the people in the US are still alive with the diet they consume. (I’m sorry if anyone is offended, but this is how I really feel about it, and you might not understand why if you’ve never been abroad).
However, I tend to differ from Ilia’s advice and I would recommend meats and animal fats, as long as you avoid sugar, wheat, oils extracted from seeds, and starch.

I’ll shut up now before I get banned :sweat_smile: :laughing: :grin:

Live long, and prosper, our friend :pray: :bouquet:

p.s.: tip: check out dr. ken berry.

1 Like

Will be praying for you!!!Keep the positive attitude. It IS treatable, Lord willing you and your vigilance about your health got this discovered before it metastasized. Please keep us informed. I signed in so I can follow this thread. Keep the faith and fight back. -Steve Young

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Another day, post surgery and I’m pushing through. A bit of pain throughout, but so much more humbled at the same time.

It’s hard to explain the joy amongst the physical pain.

What I can say without a doubt, the outpouring of support in every way has helped me through some of the darkest moments like pre-op preparation which was particularly difficult.

Now I’m listening and singing along with some amazing music in recovery ward… Not sure if I’m helping or driving people nuts but I’m so overjoyed.

Thank you everyone for everything you’ve reminded me this community is about. I will forever be greatful.

The journey isn’t over yet, but well underway.

You all rock!

6 Likes

It is so good to hear! Sooner recovery!

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon was particularly difficult for me. The physical pain, reliance on strong pain meds and a bit of pressure from the nurses put a lot of added stress on me.

Getting to and from the washroom without extreme pain has made recovery feel worse then when I arrived.

I’m trying my best to remain positive though I did snap on a nurse yesterday when the pain had reached an all time high and it took her nearly 40 min to make it to me.

I felt immediately bad with the choice words I used in the moment and almost immediately apologized shortly after calming down.

Anemia, Diebetes, Blood Infection, Cancer… Woah… So much to absorb… Now the doc wants me to go home sooner then later.

I’m freaked out by the idea of handling this at home regardless of having dedicated housemates who have said they’ll be there for me. It’s a tall order and frankly I’d rather be in much better health before I go home.

Day-to-day… One-day-at-a-time…

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s times like these you find out who your friends really are. As hard as it’s going to be (it was really hard for me after all my cancer surgery) it does feel better to be home. MUCH better. That makes up for it quite a bit.

2 Likes

Sending our wishes and prayers from across the pond. Wishing you a speedy recovery mate.

1 Like

Hold on dips are so normal. :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

So far this morning (:crossed_fingers:) the pain in my abdomen has been far less, I’ve been able go to the washroom a bit more on my own.

This may be a good day, and inches closer to going home in a much better mindset and physical state.

It’s been rough, particularly yesterday when I snapped on the nurse for leaving me in pain for too long.

It’s been over the top helpful, all the encouragement from the community and even more in my local community.

I believe without this extended support I wouldn’t be progressing nearly as fast.

Many many thanks to everyone!

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about your operation. Glad your on the mend.
Sounds like will be good rest and recovery for you.
Anything we can do to help let us know.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Things continue to progress and I find myself reflecting on the week in a totally different light.

I’ve spent time in the ER seeing the droves of people in all sorts of conditions pass by.

I spent time in a hallway just beyond the ER because of the overcrowding, using life’s lessons to have a heart to heart with a fellow patient after 20 years of physical abuse she faced. Amazing and super brave woman who’s finally getting her life back despite the numerous surgeries she has and will undertake.

I was then borrowing a bed in the cardiac wing, where I met some amazing guys facing some serious heart issues but remaining positive throughout. One even got to go home as the days surgery corrected his heart.

Next the internal medicine wing where everyone around me was at least 15-20 years older and seemed to be in pretty critical condition.

I am now in surgical recovery ward where I’ve met people with all sorts of recovery on the mend. Many were only here briefly, one was a non-resident, non-citizen who will now get this hefty bill for his brief time in care. Another, as I understand has been in and out of hospital for the past few years trying to resolve a few issues with his health but seems to only now be coming to the end of this journey.

I’ve heard countless cry’s for help from each place I’ve visited and have had a few tears myself along the way.

Man, what an eye opener. Yet I live in a country with an amazing medical system despite it being a bit insane these days.

Wow, what a week… I won’t soon forget.

Knock on wood tomorrow I’ll be able to walk out of hear in some capacity and take the healing to the home front.

3 Likes

Good luck from Germany to you, get well soon and best wishes for speedy recovery :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I am finally home!

Had an amazing shower, super tasty yet healthy dinner thanks to an amazing housemate, and now I’m resting in my own bed for the first time in what feels like an eternity.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support.

Thank you Virtualmin @staff for allowing me to hijack the forums this week for a personal matter. There’s something to be said about this community. Words cannot describe my appreciation.

Over the coming days I may (though unlikely - heh heh) become a bit more quiet as I continue to settle back into home life.

Everyone here is now part of my recovery story, one that will live on for the rest of my life.

8 Likes

I know the feeling.

After my first cancer surgery, I had staples holding my side together all the way around my left side from almost my naval to my spine.

We have a large garden jacuzzi tub and a shower stall in the master bathroom. What I would have to do is sit on the edge of the tub with my feet in it and I could wash with soap and water from just below my waste down.

But I couldn’t’ get anything from my waste up wet, so I had to use baby wipes from there on up.

14 weeks, man. 14 weeks of that.

I still remember that first hot shower after that. All 50 gallons of the hot water heater were emptied. It was glorious!

1 Like

@Gomez_Adams,

Insane, insane!

I definitely count myself as lucky as they were able to do laparoscopic surgery, which for those who are not aware of the term means they literally did 3 small cuts into my abs and sent a gas (to open the area up inside), a cam (to see what they were doing) and necessary tools (to remove the mass and half my colon).

When all complete, I’ve got this “treasure map” as I like to call it on my abs, basically 3 “x’s” where the cuts were made.

Because of how this was done, I CAN have a shower, just not a bath, which is fine by me.

It’s morning here, and while getting out of bed is a bit challenging as I have to basically roll out of bed carefully, once I’m up I’m feeling as good as I’d expect after such a crazy week of needles, tests, and surgery. I’m even able to sit at my computer desk as I write this message.

Even so, I’ll definitely be taking it easy over the coming days and weeks, but man… “it feel great to be a turtle” (TMNT reference), I mean at home :slight_smile:

Heh heh

2 Likes

Being in the “same but different” road with my wife for the second time I feel like I understand your words and the untold (part of it).

I wish you all the strength you and you closest ones need to get over this " difficult chapter in your life".
I wish you a good recovery and being able to “ring the bell” (something we do in the hospitals here when treatment is over and successful).

All the best.
Bernard

3 Likes

Yeah, laparoscopic surgery is a wonderful thing. I had my gallbladder removed that way. I was home the same day and working (albeit not very hard) the next day. I took exactly one of the Vicodin pills the surgeon prescribed. I didn’t need them after that.

I remember when my mother had her gallbladder out back in the 1960’s, it took several months of painful recuperation.

You sound well and in good spirits. I expect you’ll be back to full-normal mode very soon.

Richard

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick update. My post surgery healing has been going remarkable. I’m nearly operating a peak performance, returning to regular duties and feeling great.

My recovery and motivation has been driven a great deal by this community. Thank you everyone for your support.

If anyone requires assistance feel free to drop me a line as I’m eager to get back to solving tech problems :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Don’t get too cocky and over do it.

1 Like