API documentation ? Where ?

Hi!~
I am a newbie here, and when I try to find some documentation regarding API for virtualmin, I found a lot of “Page not found” error message, so, can anyone kindly tell me where the API related document is ?

What I want to know is : is it possibile to create an new virtual server account via remote scripts like php ?
I believe the answer is yes, cause I feel virtualmin is powerful and a lot of developer are working on this, but it seems I just can’t find the documents.

Regards,

James

Hi James,

Yeah, some things are still awry from the recent website migration. It’s largely working, but things like this pop up here and there still it seems :slight_smile:

Yes, the API would allow you to do what you’re after.

I’ll ping Joe regarding those docs so that you can see how you might go about doing that :slight_smile:

Thanks,
-Eric

Oh, you can also always get API docs from the programs themselves. The online docs are actually generated from the command line docs. e.g.:

virtualmin --help

virtualmin command-name --help

etc.

This can be then translated easily into the remote version by making all “–option” options into query string variables. So:

https://domain.tld:10000/virtual-server/remote.cgi?program=create-alias&domain=domaint.tld&from=notjoe&to=joe

Which would create an alias of “notjoe” to “joe” in domain.tld.