apache2, virtualmin, debian

I have made a successfull debian installation, with the newest webmin, usermin, and virtualmin, and stable debian, and apache2.

However, the apache configuration, refuses to have a line with listen *:80 both its primary address and 0.0.0.0 fails to add the socket.

Everytime i add a new virtual server, it will add a line saying listen *:80, wich means apache cant restart.

I am also unable to get suexec working, but i believe thats a limitation of the standard apache2 package?

Any suggestions to fix this, is apache2 from the debian packages supported? or should i remove it, and compile my own ?

Thanks for any suggestions, help.

-cut & paste httpd.conf-

Listen 81.X.145.200:8080
Listen *:80
KeepAlive on

This is here for backwards compatability reasons and to support

installing 3rd party modules directly via apxs2, rather than

through the /etc/apache2/mods-{available,enabled} mechanism.

#LoadModule mod_placeholder /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_placeholder.so
#LoadModule mod_suexec /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_suexec.so
NameVirtualHost 81.X.145.200:80
<VirtualHost 81.X.145.200:80>
ServerName domainA.dk
ServerAlias www.domainA.dk
DocumentRoot /home/domainA.dk/public_html
ErrorLog /home/domainA.dk/logs/error_log
CustomLog /home/domainA.dk/logs/access_log combined
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/domainA.dk/cgi-bin/
<Directory /home/domainA.dk/public_html>
Options Indexes IncludesNOEXEC FollowSymLinks
allow from all
AllowOverride All
</Directory>
<Directory /home/domainA.dk/cgi-bin>
allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost 81.X.145.200:80>
ServerName domainB.dk
ServerAlias www.domainB.dk
DocumentRoot /home/userB/public_html
ErrorLog /home/userB/logs/error_log
CustomLog /home/userB/logs/access_log combined
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/userB/cgi-bin/
<Directory /home/userB/public_html>
Options Indexes IncludesNOEXEC FollowSymLinks
allow from all
AllowOverride All
</Directory>
<Directory /home/userB/cgi-bin>
allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

Howdy Sole,

apache2 from Debian won’t quite work, as it needs to be rebuilt to have suexec_docroot as /home. This is the only change needed–so it’s pretty easy to grab the source from apt-get, modify the one line, and then rebuild.

I’ve also just copied our Debian apache2 package into a public directory (it isn’t an apt source yet…I’ll add it to the repo generation soon):

http://software.virtualmin.com/gpl/debian/dists/virtualmin-sarge/main/binary-i386/

You’ll find all of our Debian packages there, except for the Professional-only ones. (I’m gonna have to write a script to keep these things in sync, but it’s the latest as of today.)

In another few weeks, I’ll hopefully find time to make a GPL release of install.sh, so that folks running Virtualmin GPL on supported platforms will have an identical install process to Virtualmin Professional.

Tried uninstalling the debian apache2 package, and install yours, apache works, but still refuses to use mod_suexec, im guessing i am just forgetting a simple recompile/configure, or similair thing… ?

just in case, an example when enablin mod_suexec in the conf file.

Syntax error on line 10 of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
Can’t locate API module structure `mod_suexec’ in file /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_suexec.so: /usr/lib/libapr-0.so.0: undefined symbol: mod_suexec