Apache website failed!

I created my first vhost, and it worked fine, now I went to create my second, and it isn’t working… I get the following:

[code:1]reating administration group flex …
… done

Creating administration user flex …
… done

Creating aliases for administration user …
… done

Adding administration user to groups …
… done

Creating home directory …
… done

Creating mailbox for administration user …
… done

Adding to email domains list …
… done

Adding default mail aliases …
… done

Adding new DNS zone …
… done

Adding new virtual website …
… Apache website failed! : Failed to open /home/flex/public_html/logs/access_log for writing : Bad file descriptor at …/web-lib-funcs.pl line 980.

Setting up scheduled Webalizer reporting …
… done

Setting up log file rotation …
… done

Creating MySQL login …
… done

Creating MySQL database flex …
… done

Creating Webmin user …
… done

Re-starting DNS server …
… done

Re-loading Webmin …
… done

Saving server details …
… done

[/code:1]

What is wrong that is causing this error?

Not sure. Does /home exist? Is it writable? Was the home directory /home/flex actually created?

Since you were able to create the first virtual server, it seems unlikely that any of these things would actually be false, but I’m not really sure what else to look at. Any clues in /var/log/messages?

I suppose this could have something to do with the new locking infrastructure in the latest version of Virtualmin…but we haven’t seen any other problem reports.

Well, here’s your second then :stuck_out_tongue:

I was changing a large number of virtual server ip adresses… and after about 5 this showed up:

[code:1]Changing IP address of virtual website …
… Apache website failed! : Failed to open /etc/apache2/sites-available/fateless.dgmhosting.org.conf for writing : Bad file descriptor at …/web-lib-funcs.pl line 980.
… Webalizer reporting failed! : Failed to open /home/fateless/.stats-htpasswd for writing : Bad file descriptor at …/web-lib-funcs.pl line 980.

Updating Webmin user …
… Webmin login failed! : Failed to open /etc/webmin/bind8/fateless.acl for writing : Bad file descriptor at …/web-lib-funcs.pl line 980.

Saving server details …[/code:1]

And that kept happening to all the others i tried. Eventually whole webmin just locked up and the sidemenu looked like this:

[code:1]Create Virtual Server
Content-type: text/html; Charset=iso-8859-1 Module Index
Error


Failed to open /etc/webmin/apache/site for writing : Bad file descriptor[/code:1]

It has allways worked fine before.

You’re running out of memory or disk space.