Another Dovecot SSL error after change

I had this in the newbie section with no response. I do have a licensed system, just not on the one that crashed from the previous 2 factor issue. After gaining access to it, I have everything back up except email. The broken mail system has serious certificate problems. I can’t get postfix/dovcot to change or update the certificate, so we can’t access mail on virtuals. Usermin can’t get in either, so it’s just the Dovecot issue.

May 19 21:43:57 web11*****.com dovecot: imap-login: Fatal: Couldn’t parse private ssl_key: error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line: Expecting: ANY PRIVATE KEY
May 19 21:43:57 web11****.com dovecot: master: Error: service(imap-login): command startup failed, throttling for 60 secs

Any tips? It will not overwrite the cert.

Applied a new config:
#doveconf -n > dovecot-new.conf

Now webmin shows the selection for key as “default”. What key should dovecot have? If I use the self signed key from one of the virtuals, the others cannot access mail. I do believe this began with a lets encrypt key generation and a subsequent loss of 2 factor.

Nothing huh? I guess I have no recourse but to continue to try and build out a new server.

Check if your key begins with “-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----”

did you try copying ssl to dovecot from inside virtualmin ?
could be permissions, or wrong files loading.
manually, you can put symlinks from /etc/letsencrypt/live/domain/*.pem to /etc/dovecot/private/ and adjust conf.d/10-ssl.conf cert/key/ca path.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.