After new update on virtualmin server validation failed

|SYSTEM INFORMATION||
Operating system Debian Linux 10
Webmin version 1.981 Usermin version 1.823
Virtualmin version 6.17
Kernel and CPU Linux 4.19.0-17-amd64 on x86_64

Just got an update so i did the update and try to validate my servers and it gave me an error

Which version of the virtualmin-nginx-ssl module do you have (package name webmin-virtualmin-nginx-ssl)? There was an update for it yesterday as well. Should be 1.16.

@Joe

It is i.16

OK, must be a bug.

But, just to be sure, restart Webmin (systemctl restart webmin) and make sure it actually restarted (check the “Active:” field in systemctl status webmin to be sure the process is new).

Everything looks alright here. additionally,Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 3.53.18 PM
i did reboot the whole server but no luck

I believe this is not a new issue
https://archive.virtualmin.com/node/23565

There’s no way it’s the same bug almost a decade later! It’s not the same error, even though it looks similar…the strict refs warning comes from Perl strictures and can occur in literally any line of code (it has to do with how data is used). It’s a different part of the code about SSL certs in this case, so that old thread is not useful information for the problem you’re seeing. So, you can safely ignore that thread…it doesn’t relate to your problem.

@Jamie any idea what’s going wrong with the above error?

1 Like

Oh okay, thank you for letting me know.

@anthonyinit2012 are you on the latest version of the Nginx plugin for Virtualmin? It should be at least 2.23.

They’re on 2.23. There’s a screenshot of versions above.

1 Like

Yes, I’m on version 2.23

Same here

NGINX Includes ok

Ok I see the bug that causes this, and will include a fix in the next release.

The patch is here : Fix perl error due to incorrect parameter order https://forum.virtual… · virtualmin/virtualmin-nginx@4adfeee · GitHub

3 Likes

Can you tell me how to use this patch, please

Okay found it it’s here /usr/share/webmin/virtualmin-nginx/virtual_feature.pl

Everything is working perfectly now.

Thank you @Jamie @Joe

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.