|OS type and version||Debian Buster|
|Webmin version||Latest Pro|
|Virtualmin version||Latest Pro|
Okay so after figuring out I likely cannot get my email to work due to port 25 closure from my ISP I’ve decided to use a mail handler service I finally found one at a decent rate.
Well I need B.com to stop handling mail if I can’t get mail due to the blocked port.
I can enter the txt records needed to update my domain SPF and DKIM and they checkout just fine.
However when I enter my MX records things run afoul.
So I leave the name field blank and it enters B.com automatically.
So I go and enter it manually edit the record and it shows up as wisolutions.tech and I can delete it and it saves.
However when I do a record check it shows up like this:
So not only is it adding against my will my domain as the name which isn’t such a big deal the real problem it is adding my domain at the end of it combined with my new mail server and I cannot even manually edit it off it just decides that is what it wants to do and I don’t quite understand how to a an FQDN that is not my domain as a mail record I am likely missing something simple I’d bet but it doesn’t function as things normally function and I think it adds to confusion a manual edit should in theory allow me to fix this but for whatever reason it adds my domain at the end no matter if I don’t add it it forces it upon me. Why does this operate in a manner that doesn’t seem normal is there anyway to update the software to put an option to add a domain outside of your network for a mail record or something that does not inject your domain into the mix. It would be good if this was a standard it would eliminate confusion.