I MUST be missing something very simple here…AGAIN.
Had exactly the same problem before - but took a re-install to fix as I recall.
ONLY data re this problem i could find…
This field can be used to choose a custom home directory for a mailbox user. For example, you may want his home to be under the public_html directory, so that he can easily create web files. However, in most cases it should just be set the Automatic.
Yes. That is wot I want. I’ve tried:
- filling in "public_html" as above - no result - accesses root and allows no posting.
- Tried "Add a Website User" and "Add a User".
- Cannot find info on actual default options installed for this on adding new domain.
- Who/how is granted full access to alter/add web files by default? ("AUTOMATIC")
- Is public_html automatically created with a Vmin Server?
NB: Not a whinge! I’m also interested in helping Vmin dev here -
ANY help appreciated here as it is perhaps the most frustrating problem to date and has been repetitive over several re-installs. The auto setup of Vmin is a magic bit of code, but there is need for a non-techie User FAQ (more posted in GENERAL Qs - I’d like to help with them)