SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu Linux 22.04.2
Webmin version 2.021
Usermin version 1.861
Virtualmin version 7.5
Theme version 20.21
Package updates All installed packages are up to date

Screenshot 2023-04-09 082125

No it isn’t (has 12 months to go!) I have checked.
and clicking the button has no effect (just spins the icon) - is it only a nuisance message so tell it to go away - how?

Now 3 days later from this initial Warning and it still does nothing.

it is still invalid! (still over 12 months before it expires in 2024) where is this date coming from.

how do I kill this meaningless warning?

Edit: I just found this.

@Randomz Thanks I couldn’t find that! :bat:
But - So it is still a bug in version 7.5 @Jamie - I don’t even understand where it is coming from. (presumably Virtualmin is performing a lookup somewhere which is giving incorrect info)

As said I checked with the registrar and there is still 12 months to go before it is even due for renewal (then it is “automatic” according to them)

I don’t understand - it is a sub-server with hardly anything in its home directory, it has a live LE cert and just shows the default web page correctly, there is no mail enabled and no Maria/MySQL database. the “Domain registration expiry” is just wrong - 04/09/2024

[Edit] just checked the parent VS (just in case) and that is not even due until August 2023 so can’t even blame that!

What does ‘whois’ say for the domain?

Hmmm That is scary!! For some reason it is wrong there - I am off to SHOUT at the registrar and find out what they are playing at and who there has broken fingers.

Not necessarily. There was mention that:

And there was no response to a request for a screen shot of the error.

Inconclusive at best.

Do you have any disabled domains?

No

but it now looks like a Registrar problem (Whois) and I am currently pending a response to a ticket with them - thanks

1 Like

So I get a response from the Registrar (not exactly 24/7 help desk!)
2023-04-13T00:00:00Z

It’s a little tricky to explain this. If domains are auto-renewed then the Registry date won’t be updated for about 45 days past the renewal as we do this in case customers change their mind and want to cancel/refund domains that auto-renewed. This is something we as a Registrar were able to work out with Most of the Registries as if we sent the renewal command right away and the Registry expiration date is updated, then you only have 72 hours to be able to cancel/refund an auto-renewed domain. If you look on your account, the Registrar expiration date to the right of the domain should show the domain renewed.

Which sort-of explains the problem with the Warning message - ie put up with the warning message for 45 days - or - change registrar. As I don’t get this from the other Registrars I have used, I know what I will be recommending!
however I have quite a number of domains from this particular registrar!

I wonder if Virtualmin could be modified?
Somewhere it is throwing up a warning message based on the WHOIS date being within a number of days, can that number of days be an optional number (perhaps a setting/per domain somewhere - or to add on a number of days to the WHOIS date to delay the message)

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.