4-byte Mysql qustion

got an error through a third party app that I been struggling with.maybe someone can help ?
Im not all that smart at coding. very easy stuff maybe I can manage.

.the problem is in NextCloud
MySQL is used as database but does not support 4-byte characters. To be able to handle 4-byte characters (like emojis) without issues in filenames or comments for example it is recommended to enable the 4-byte support in MySQL. For further details read the documentation page about this.

any easy way to fix in virtualmin

There is no easy fix for it in Virtualmin since its not an Virtualmin issue or related to it.
The documentation you linked tells you what to do. :slight_smile:
Its specific to Nextcloud.

Ok… thanks for telling me that its not a virtualmin issue, or not related . hmm …I know that.
But im asking cause it can be done through virtualmin too, you think?
makes it relevant in my book to ask in a virtualmin community forum yes?
im sure people use nextcloud here with virtualmin
Its just a matter if anyone would know to kindly help me figure that out?

maybe.

Obvioulsy im not that skilled at walking through the documentation at nextcloud to figure out how I can do this inside of virtualmin …without breaking virtualmin. I specificly emphasis the “I”

ok?

and again…i ask virtualmin folk, not to make a show of the obvious, I realize this isnt a virtulmin problem.

not blaming virtualmin. just asking

Sorry, I misunderstood that then (I didnt meant it in a bad way).
It is possible to do that through virtualmin since it allows you to use a console.
It should be located in the miscellaneous part of the webmin tab/area.
But you would still need to enter the commands.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.