2 VPS's 2 webmin installs 1 virtualmin install - Domain question

Hi all,
I have been happily using webmin + Virtualmin on a VPS over the last few months and its been amazing after setup! Though still being new to all of this, im a bit confused how i should handle a certain situation.

I have 2 VPS running Webmin,

VPS A has webmin + virtualmin + bind9 + mail server and is hosting all my domains
VPS B has only Webmin at this stage

I would like to be able to host a few things on VPS B but due to it only being 128mb ram, i am trying to keep everything minimal. Can i point example.tld and foo.example.tld to VPS B but keep the bind records, mail and everything else on VPS A?

Should I just change the A record to point to VPS B ip and that will be enough?

I would liek to have some control over .htaccess and php stuff on VPS B, so im not sure if just pointing example.tld and foo.example.tld to VPS B, then setting up webmin to handle it will do or if i need Virtualmin and additional setup on VPS B?

Thanks in advance!

Can i point example.tld and foo.example.tld to VPS B but keep the bind records, mail and everything else on VPS A?

Sure!

VPS A would continue to act as the nameserver for foo.example.tld, but you’d go into Server Configuration -> Edit DNS Records, and set the IP address for foo.example.com to point to VPS B. Keep the MX record where it is now.

I would liek to have some control over .htaccess and php stuff on VPS B, so im not sure if just pointing example.tld and foo.example.tld to VPS B, then setting up webmin to handle it will do or if i need Virtualmin and additional setup on VPS B?

It’s entirely up to you whether or not you use Virtualmin… you can use a .htaccess file and PHP with or without it.

Virtualmin of course makes that even simpler, but with only 128MB of RAM, you may want to avoid using the full Virtualmin stack of software (Virtualmin itself is small, but a lot of it’s dependencies aren’t).

-Eric